FM8 – Sam Ottley

https://www.plectica.com/maps/LWJMHKNIL

Resources:

1. Are the how-to videos still providing value? Please explain.

Yes, they are still very helpful to me.

2. Are the documents and videos I am providing valuable? Please explain.

I enjoy the videos. I believe that they are helpful and do go with the topic of discussion for that week.

3. Is the syllabus still valuable? Please explain.

Yes, I look at it weekly.

4. Is the textbook starting to become more valuable? Please explain.

It has always been valuable to me in this class, I continue to use it.

5. Was the information about audiobooks and text to speech valuable to you? Please explain.

Yes, I have used this before as well.

6. Is Plectica becoming easier for you to use? And does it help you learn more? Please explain.

Yest it is, I feel like I can really use it to my advantage now!

7. Same question for Tableau, Rationaleonline.com, and Thinkquiry.

I had not used rationale online as much since I did not buy the access, but I still look a the template set ups. I do use thinkquery for most assignments.

8. What were your thoughts on complexity, emergence, innovation, and organizational learning?

Compexity is something that I could really wrap my head around, didn’t take too much. But, I thought that emergence and innovation were great concepts. Organizational learning I have had a real life lesson from in work as we are all going through newer training.

9. What were your thoughts on the Cynefin framework and the OODA Loop?

I liked these concepts, I had never heard of them before so it was great to learn something new!

10. What were your thoughts on the Toulmin Method?

This is a great way to take apart an argument, I learned alot from this method and used it in the last assignment!

11. What were your thoughts on the Red Team tool — Argument Deconstruction?

I liked this one as well, both of these really came naturally I feel like.

12. What were your thoughts on Double and Single Loop Learning?

These are two interesting concepts. I really liked double loop learning as it made sure that people really thought hard and deep about concepts.

13. What were your thoughts on Professor Bunch’s video and the video on Soldier and Scout Mindset?

This one was very interesting to me. I really enjoyed learning about the soldier and scout mindsets. I think that the video was able to go more in depth and show great examples of this.

14. What were your thoughts on the Nominal Group Technique, the Delphi Method, and Context Analysis?

I like the nominal method since it encourages everyone to pitch in. This can help prevent groupthink in groups.

I enjoyed learning about the Delphi method as well,  its is a great way to be heard and have a voice.

Context analysis is very important since it looks at the environment as a whole.

15. What did you think of CM5?

This was a good map, I liked all of the different concepts and the book really helped me on this one. It did take a bit of reading though which was helpful.

16. What did you think of CM6?

I enjoyed the solider and scout video for this one. What an awesome concept and the video really helped explain it.

17. What did you think of EM7? Do you still plan on writing a blog? What were your thoughts on using previous student blogs to deconstruct?

This was a good one. Now that I think about it, I think that I deconstructed my own blog outline. Whoops! I was able to dig into more information though for my blog to be able to fill out the outline so that did help me.

18. What did you think of the Spiral Method in EM7? What did you think of the discussion on Logical Fallacies?

The cartoons were helpful in understanding these. I found them to be really interesting to look at!

19. What did you think of the Thesis Generator in EM7? What did you think of the BDK Method and the Critical Thinking handouts?

I liked the Thesis Generator for this. I found it easy to use and extremely helpful.

20. What are your thoughts of this assignment (FM8)? Does this idea (Swarming Feedback) make sense?

If it helps set up the class in a way the the students like more, then yes I do!

21. What are your thoughts with the Facebook group? How can we use it better?

I do like this, I need to post more in it! It makes it easy to keep up with the class.

22. What are your thoughts with the WordPress Learning Community? How can we use it better?

I like this word press learning community. Its like our own blackboard and it is easy to follow.

23. If you connected with an expert (e.g. Dave Snowded, Rob McClary, Laura Cabrera, etc.) did you enjoy the connection? Was it worthwhile?

I have not done this yet, I need to!

24. What are your expectations moving forward?

Tom continue learning and building maps!

25. What would you like to see change?

Nothing that I can see.

26. What is one thing you love?

I still really like the videos that you make for the assignments.

27. What is one thing you hate?

Nothing really.

28. What can the instructor do immediately to make the class better?

Keep doing what youre doing.

29. What is one question I should be asking, yet I am not?

None that I can see!

3 thoughts on “FM8 – Sam Ottley

1. Hey Sam, I must agree the Soilder vs Scout mindset section was very interesting. I really liked how it was new top to me but it presented commonly known information. Nice map also!

2. Nice map, Sam! I agree with your comment on the logical fallacies. The cartoon examples that were included with the concept were helpful. I found them to be pretty entertaining!