FM8 Nathan Dooley

– 1. Are the how-to videos still providing value? Please explain.

Yes, I feel as though they are starting to click for everyone in the course.  You are not needing as much detail when explaining what you are expecting.

– 2. Are the documents and videos I am providing valuable? Please explain.

The videos and documents provide a great deal of value.  I retain more of the concepts presented when videos are alotted.

– 3. Is the syllabus still valuable? Please explain.

Yes I watch each week on what topics are needing covered and where I should be at in terms of final project and current map events.

– 4. Is the textbook starting to become more valuable? Please explain.

For myself it is about the same from the first map.  I am not great at reading text, I find myself needing to re-read certain topics and even research some to understand what is being covered.

– 5. Was the information about audiobooks and text to speech valuable to you? Please explain.

Yes, I have not had a chance to download all that was mentioned, but I have them bookmarked so I can browse them in my free time.

– 6. Is Plectica becoming easier for you to use? And does it help you learn more? Please explain.

Absolutely it does.  It is much easier for me this time around, and the white belt course had many indepth ideas on how to use plectica.

– 7. Same question for Tableau, Rationaleonline.com, and Thinkquiry.

Tableau is getting easier to use.  Rationaleonline I just couldn’t get into with just the small resources for the free content.  Thinkquiry will always be helapful in perspective development.

– 8. What were your thoughts on complexity, emergence, innovation, and organizational learning?

These where not something I have had experience with, or the understanding of what is was if I did.  by covering these concepts I was able to point out when they are being used and how or why things are complex.

– 9. What were your thoughts on the Cynefin framework and the OODA Loop?

My thoughts on these two concepts were, how amazing these concepts are.  I felt prior connection to these two concepts which spiked my interest in them.  Hense why i chose to do my blog on Cynefin Framework.

– 10. What were your thoughts on the Toulmin Method?

This is a simple and effective way to help probe our topics for blogs/essay.  Quite simple but it does draw the idea of complexity out.

– 11. What were your thoughts on the Red Team tool — Argument Deconstruction?

At first I did not white understand it at all.  Then with some help from classmates as well as online resourses I saw how the deconstuction of the argument worked.

– 12. What were your thoughts on Double and Single Loop Learning?

This was also new for me, and I had not ever really thought of how we go about finding solutions or how we use adaptive/generative learning.

– 13. What were your thoughts on Professor Bunch’s video and the video on Soldier and Scout Mindset?

This was eye-opening and completely intreging.  I saw how in situations there has to be a soldier mindset that is able to quickly make a decision and follow through to the end goal.  While on the other hand a scout assesses the situation and depending on the circumstances follows  the best route for success.  I have noticed that in most cases I am more of a scout mindset, and instantly realize when I have given the reigns over to the soldier in me.

– 14. What were your thoughts on the Nominal Group Technique, the Delphi Method, and Context Analysis?

Almost all organizations involve teams, and these concepts showed how to encourage employees, colleages, and generate ideas from people that felt included.  Getting everyone to brainstorm comes from a leader who understands where everyone is in the team and encourages productivity and morale.

– 15. What did you think of CM5?

The videos associated with this map I found interesting covering OODA.  Getting to read through the book on some of these topics where easier for myself to understand and enjoyed deveoping the map.

– 16. What did you think of CM6?

There were a lot of concepts covered, but I perticularly enjoyed the groups and team ideas.  With in my work we have developed teams, and have 2-3 teams that bring issues to the team leader, or ideas for proactive performance.

– 17. What did you think of EM7? Do you still plan on writing a blog? What were your thoughts on using previous student blogs to deconstruct?

I still plan on writing a blog, I will admit I am not currently at the place with in my blog that I had planned out to be.  Certain events have come up and it has slowed my progress with it.  I loved reading previous students blogs, and feel confident to use this experience to help me develop my own blog.

– 18. What did you think of the Spiral Method in EM7? What did you think of the discussion on Logical Fallacies?

I enjoy the spiral method, I believe we used this in tests and measurements course.  The examples for logical fallacies where great in referencing with in our own community how things can be contradictory.

– 19. What did you think of the Thesis Generator in EM7? What did you think of the BDK Method and the Critical Thinking handouts?

The thesis generator was amazing.  I now see what with in my blog needs addressed and how to go about stucturing it.  BDK Method and Critical Thinking handouts are tools I and reference through out the writing of my blog.

– 20. What are your thoughts of this assignment (FM8)? Does this idea (Swarming Feedback) make sense?

Yes this makes sense.  I believe this second feedback map is more adaptive and  inclusive than the tests & measurements feedback maps.

– 21. What are your thoughts with the Facebook group? How can we use it better?

I enjoy the post to facebook, and I try to comment as often as i can.  (that might be once or twice a week)  I am not a huge facebook poster, or instagram, or twitter.  But i do feel more confident interacting with in this facebook community.

– 22. What are your thoughts with the WordPress Learning Community? How can we use it better?

I am enjoying the use of wordpress for this course.  It is easy to navigate and interact with classmates over the material covered.  Possibly developing posts that might address questions regarding the material covered and sparking conversation with it.

– 23. If you connected with an expert (e.g. Dave Snowded, Rob McClary, Laura Cabrera, etc.) did you enjoy the connection? Was it worthwhile?

I have not gotten in contact with anyone yet.  If I still can I plan too.  I am  working on my own thoughts, and questions that I could ask.

– 24. What are your expectations moving forward?

Continue to dive deeper into healthcare administration, and see concepts being used with in healthcare that I other wise would never have seen.

– 25. What would you like to see change?

Resources with video content associated with the concepts or content being covered.

– 26. What is one thing you love?

Building a map that is different from the week before, with added perspectives of other classmates that i have adapted too.

– 27. What is one thing you hate?

Re-reading my text, which is why I usually find a source through your videos or online that phrases content in a way I understand it.

– 28. What can the instructor do immediately to make the class better?

Through in a small ttopic for discussion that might last a day or two and encourage interaction, via facebook or wordpress community.

– 29. What is one question I should be asking, yet I am not?

How do we feel in regards to the current blog/essay assignment and if I can help how might I do so?

In regards to my own question being asked, I know you have written quite a few blogs.  Maybe give a few items or detailed ways in how you developed your own blog.

Plectica map Bottom Right: https://www.plectica.com/maps/XE00ZPL70