Introduction

Hi

My name is Vera, I started my BSN two months ago. I worked as a CNA between 2012 and 2015 and have been an RNĀ  for almost 3 years now. I started off working in homecare, longterm care, and rehab and have been working on a med/surg/ medical psych floor for the past seven months. I love that at my current job, I get both medical and psych experience. Medical psych has been more challenging for me. We have to deal with a lot of combative, agitated, and noncompliant patients and have to use restraints daily. We have patients pulling out IVs, tube feedings, and other medical equipment. It’s very challenging as a new nurse to a psych setting especially at the beginning but has definitely gotten better with time. My plan is to transfer to ICU after a year in Med/Surg. I also aim at completing my BSN hopefully by early next year and moving on to an FNP program.

I hope everyone is staying safe during this COVID crisis. Wishing everyone the best this term.

One Response

1. Katie Gabel (Instructor) at |

Welcome to the course! How do you view the role of research in your practice?