1. cdelorenzo at |

Love your title, absolutely too young for suicide!!!!! Screening tools should be used more in school to detect early warning signs. This is such an important subject. My children went to school with a couple of kids who committed suicide. People didn’t understand where it cam from and commented that the kid always seemed happy. It is very sad and something needs to be done. Your researched showed that screening tools are effective in early warning signs. Thank you

2. armcdaris at |

Hi Amanda, I enjoyed viewing and reading your research poster. I was drawn to your poster because of the topic and your title was also great at drawing attention. I like that you switched up the Fort Hays State logo, I hadn’t even considered that! It looks very professional and goes well with your poster design. I also appreciated that the topic you chose was probably not an easy one to study. Thank you for sharing!

3. jemuilenburg at |

The rise in adolescent suicide rates is alarming. You did a good job of presenting the information and I agree having these questionnaires could potentially prevent or get early intervention for many children although in the younger age range this may not be as easily identifiable as many parents still attend their children’s doctors appointments which may decrease their willingness to admit that they are struggling.

4. tgwest at |

This is a great poster for a very important topic. I like how you emphasized that nurses are in a unique position to screen vulnerable adolescents and get them the help they need. I’ll be sure to remember these screening tools.

5. cmsare at |

You did great on your poster. It was clear and easy to read, great topic and great creative title. The colors were fitting and were still easy on the eyes for reading. This is such an important topic and such a scary topic, having 2 teens right now I can’t tell you have scary this topic is and working in the ED and taking care of my kids’ friends who have had suicidal thoughts is so scary. I am thankful every day that I have 2 fairly confident and strong willed teen age girls who don’t let others’ get to them most of the time.

6. lrbollig at |

You have a great poster. Very good research information. This is very scary with kids these day. Kids are very mean in school and with bullying you can never be to careful. I think that some type of questionnaire would be great for kids around teenage years. We have quite a few teengers that come to the ER with either suicide attempts or parents that want them to be screened because they have threatening suicide.