Emergency Nursing Burnout

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CqobwKggEE-S4HVzf34roc9SD8ioQI9rcQuHItk5y5s/edit?usp=sharing

1. ajrountree at |

I really enjoyed your research poster, the layout was very clean and it was easy to follow. I do understand ER nursing burnout. I was an ER/OR nurse before I went to public health, while my heart is still in emergency medicine my body and mind needed a break. I still do ER nursing on occasion as I really love the fast pace and helping people at some of their worst moments, but I did need to slow down as I was burning out. I didn’t even notice it until right before I found my current job listing. I believe I made a wise decision for my mental and physical health, but man I do miss it. Excellent topic!

2. cmsare at |

This is such an important topic. It is so important that organizations/management can recognize nurse burnout. As an ED nurse I have had many times over the last few years that I question if I am doing the right thing. I love the ED but it is such a stressful environment on a regular basis. Great poster and great topic. Set up great and easy to read.

3. lrbollig at |

Very nice poster! I see this alot in my job, because I work in a rural hospital and the same nurses have to do ER and also see the same patients from time to time, “frequent flyers”. They get burnt out alot. It is stressful and at time they have high anxiety. It would be nice if there was something in place to help them to relief some of that stress. This is also true for other fields of nursing as well. As a rural hospital we as nurses do and help out in all areas of nursing, ER, Med, Surg, OB, outpatient, and chemotherapy.