Introduction

Hello All, my name is Michelle and I’m an RN in Kansas. I’ve worked for five years on a telemetry med-surg floor and I have to say, I’ve learned so much through the years. I always planned to complete my BSN, but wanted my employer to pay for it, and that is what has happened to date. I enjoy traveling and meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. My goal is to tour Europe and Africa in the future. I recently became a “fur-mama” to naughty little Bailey, and he couldn’t have come at a more needed time in my life! I had planned to further my nursing career, possibly education or  FNP– but I’ve been doing so much re-evaluating this year and am honestly unsure what the future holds at this time. Trying to take it step at a time– one class at a time. Looking forward to learning more about the research process through this course, I always like learning new things, which is what keeps me going through school. Looking forward to a great summer session!

We use evidence-based research in many aspects of our care in the hospital– from skin-breakdown prevention, sterile-technique, and infection prevention. One new area that is being implemented in the post-surgical units is the use of around the clock acetaminophen for pain control. While IV is best choice, because of its high price point, oral acetaminophen is mostly being used– (1,000mg, Q6)  for patients in which the medication’s use is not contraindicated.

1. Katie Gabel (Instructor) at |

Welcome, Michelle! Such a cute picture. It’s okay to re-evaluate and be unsure! The right answer will unfold at the right time. That’s the great thing about nursing: many options for future development.

*Please include how you see evidence used to drive your practice.

2. jlgaines at |

My plan was always to finish my BSN. It just took me 20 years longer than I expected. Now that the end is sight, I am wondering if that is enough. I have been re-evaluating as well. I laugh and say that I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. More true than I realized.