Instructor Introduction!

Hello everyone! Below is more of the professional viewpoint of my practice and why I LOVE teaching for FHSU in the RN to BSN program.

Now for a couple fun facts about me….

I love running! Running is my favorite. I’m currently attempting to run a half marathon in all 50 states! So far I have Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, Washington, Wisconsin, Florida, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, California, Wyoming, Ohio, Indiana, Oregon, Alabama, Tennessee, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Louisiana, and Massachusetts complete.

My husband (who is also a RN and FHSU graduate) and I have two girls who are full of awesome! We love traveling together and seeing this beautiful country!

This person is my greatest inspiration, my Dad. His entire job was research (chemical engineering)! From a very young age, he instilled his spirit of inquiry into our daily lives. His passion and support for education and in-depth knowledge of the research process is a major driving force behind who I am, and who I aspire to be.

Now, tell me about YOU!

1. crtownsend2 at |

It is so nice to meet you! I will be posting my introduction video later today or tomorrow. I think running is amazing. I have always wanted to run but never got into it. I wish you luck in your journey to run in every state. You will get there. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Crystal Townsend, RN

2. jjcorbett at |

This is my second class with you and I had NO idea you are an avid runner. So awesome. I love running, as well. I am more of a half marathon girl as I just had my 5th knee surgery on 5/20. As soon as my PT lets up on the reigns my feet are going to be back pounding the pavement.

3. mmoore8 at |

I wish I could run long distance, lol. (I was a sprinter in my younger years.) I had this dream of having one of those shelves with all the unique metals hanging down….ahhhh…how lovely!

I’m scared my right knee is against my plans. Any tips on keeping the knees safe/ strong/ decreasing pain?

4. afheimann at |

Katie,

Did you do any running at the collegiate level? My wife ran long distance track and cross country at FHSU and still runs 20+ miles a week, dwarfing my 7. Looking forward to learning all I can from you this summer.

5. lewalton at |

I wish I loved to run! I was a sprinter, 100-yard dash, 440 back in the day and I still love to run fast and short. I always admire the people that can run long distances consistently. I have tried several couch to 5k programs…one day one will stick!

6. klrush at |

Well Mrs. Gabel, It is nice to hear of your love of running. I also love the running community! Due to 8 knee surgeries, the last two total knee replacements, I am not permitted the high impact of running. I volunteer with a great running company near my home and often walk 1/2 marathons. Running people are awesome and they don’t seem to care that I am slow but still willing to put in the miles. My greatest fun with running people so far, occurred last summer when I walked pretty fast- my portion of a Ragnar trail race in Colorado.

7. armcdaris at |

Hi Mrs. Gabel. I love that you mentioned that your dad was a source of inspiration to you. I feel the same way about my mom. We’re lucky to have that! I look forward to learning more about issues and trends in nursing with you this semester!