Introduction

Hello, everyone, my name is Karlene Pryce. I was born on the island of Jamaica WI. I migrated to the United States over thirty years ago and lived in New York for 28 years. I later relocated to Georgia in 2015. I started out working as a CNA in 1995 for 10 years, then an LPN for 4 years, and currently an RN for over 5 years. I am now employed at Piedmont Hospital as a medical-surgical nurse. I moved back to New York last year summer, but unfortunately, things did not work out for me and my husband, so we moved back to Georgia. I have four girls and three beautiful grand-children. Two of my children are still living in New York and the other two are living in Georgia. I enjoy traveling and watching documentaries. I also enjoy being around my grand-children. My long term goals are to achieve my master’s in nursing and specialize in obstetrics.

Medical research offers great opportunities for healthcare workers and their patients. Research provides access to new medical advances. Patients are also receiving quality care and treatments they need to promote good health.  I have been working for Piedmont hospital for 1 year and it’s a pleasure to be apart of the medical team.  Piedmont’s clinical research team has opened doors to hope and improve care with research. Being a student in this class let me think more about becoming and getting involved in clinical research.

Tingen, M. S., Burnett, A. H., Murchison, R. B., & Zhu, H. (2009, March). The importance of nursing research. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3677814/

One Response

1. Katie Gabel (Instructor) at |

Welcome to the course, Karlene! Glad to have you.

If you watch the tutorial video attached to the introduction blog link in module 1, you will see how to categorize your post under “introduction”.