Research Poster- Melissa Rogers

My poster explores the use of a survey or tool to measure the effectiveness of shared governance councils.  Research has shown that effective shared governance has a positive impact on patient care as well as unit morale, but dysfunctional shared governance can create a toxic work environment.  My systematic review indicated that the use of such a tool can have a positive impact on the health of shared governance councils.

Shared Governance Research Poster

1. ddrohrbaugh at |

Melissa,

I find your poster clear and attractive to the eye as well as interesting and informative. It spurs me to find out what our UBC and leadership groups are doing to measure their effectiveness. We’ve been going through administrative/leadership changes lately and there is still a lot of grumbling. I’d be interested to see if the grumblers are getting involved in shared governance. Your point about dysfunctional shared governance and a toxic environment makes me wonder if a survey tool would help shift things to a more positive mindset and make people feel like they are being heard.
    Great poster and interesting information!

2. kmhitchcock at |

I think your poster is well put together and very informative! This is not something I was super familiar with and I love the information shared. Anymore, people are task oriented and making these changes will help to be more successful and more efficient in making positive changes.