Potential Employers

Electronic Arts Inc

Link: https://www.ea.com/careers

Address: 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065

Phone # 760-846-3268

No contact person, send a resume online, and they will review it and get back to you.

Electronic Arts Inc is also known as EA Games; it is a global company that designs games for all platforms. “EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for internet-connected consoles, mobile devices, and personal computers.” (Electronic Arts, 2021) They all have the same goal as every other company. Make money, keep employees and customers happy. They have all the usual benefits that most employers offer. However, they also offer free games to all their employees, which I would love. Like most companies today, they are offering several positions that are remote careers. The game that I know them for is The Sims on PC. As a young adult, I bought the first one, and I am looking forward to The Sims 5 coming available on my Switch.

My interest in the company based on research is the gaming aspect. I want to help create and design a game that can be used on any smartphone. EA has a one-on-one mentor program and assistants for college graduates, making them stand out. After I graduate, I will see if they have any jobs that I might get enjoy.

Questions:

• I want to work remotely; if that is not an option, will there be assistance in moving and locating a place to stay until I get settled?
  • If allowed to work remotely, will EA provide the equipment I will need to succeed or a spending allowance to buy what I need?
  • Does EA participate in any volunteer work for nonprofit organizations? If so, will there also be company-paid time off for voluntary work during regular business hours?
  • If I need additional assistance, is there someone I can speak to other than my mentor? Can I change mentors if we do not get along?

Works Cited

Electronic Arts. (2021). About EA. Retrieved from Electronic Arts: https://www.ea.com/about

Ford Motor Company

Link: https://corporate.ford.com/careers.html

Address: 1 American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126-2701

Phone # 800-392-3673

No direct contact person. Just submit your information, including your resume, online, and someone will contact you.

Ford Motor Company is in the automobile industry. They are a global company with offices and plants all over the whole. They have the same goals as every company to make money and make customers happy. They try to develop the latest technology inside vehicles that they believe consumers want and some they don’t want. They have the same benefits as most significant corporations.

My interest in this employer based on research is the many job opportunities available for software engineers and mobility engineers. I was surprised since I currently work for a sister company and was told that Ford Motor wants 1000 people to voluntarily leave the company at the end of October. If I wanted to stay after my 30th anniversary and get my degree, I would like to see if I could qualify for something in mobility.

Questions

• If I obtained my bachelor’s degree, would I apply while still employed with Ford Credit?
  • Would not years of service and all my other long-term benefits, such as six weeks of vacation, carryover, or would I have to start all over?
  • Would I get a substantial pay increase for the new position?
  • Could I work remotely, or would I be required to move to Dearborn?

• I did not quote any sources since I am a current employee. I wanted to add this because this is something that I may do after I graduate. I have been there for 25 years. I am allowed to retire after 30 years of service with full benefits no matter my age.

No Boundaries Trucking Group

Link: https://www.noboundariestrucking.com/

Address: 1936 Bridgestone Circle, Conyers, GA 30012

Phone # 903-374-8377

Contact: Jere Page, recruiter

Email: jere.page@noboundariestrucking.com

No Boundaries Trucking Group is a contractor for FedEx out of Tennessee, Georgia, and North Caroline. They have need truck drivers with a CDL class C license and with a double’s endorsement. They offer sole runs that allow you to go home most nights and team runs where you are on the road the whole week and only home one to two days a week. Their mission statement states, “We pride ourselves in having a strong bond with all of our employees and ensuring that our drivers feel like this is not just a job, but their home.” (Pete, 2021)

After research, my interest in this company is possible after I retire and if I do not get my bachelor’s degree. My father, brother, and boyfriend have been or still are truck drivers. It is just a job. You are expected to drive and get from point a to point b without incident. They make decent money, and with my pension from Ford, I should be comfortable. I would not need to worry about benefits as I would get those from Ford, and if I want to take some time off without pay now and then, no problem, I will still get my pension.

Questions

• Do you allow cats and dogs in your tractors?
  • Can I drive the tractor to my home?
  • If I cannot drive the tractor to my home, will there be security available for my personal vehicle while driving the tractor for the week?
  • Will a refrigerator and microwave be provided, or do I need to bring my own?
  • Will a toolbox be provided for mishaps on the road, or will I need to bring my own?
  • Are we allowed to have a family or friend ride with me now and then?

Works Cited

Pete, J. (2021). About Us. Retrieved from No Boundaries Trucking Group: https://www.noboundariestrucking.com/about-us

Amazon

Link: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/

Address: 1001 Church St, Nashville, TN 37201

I could not find a phone number or a contact name. Everything is done online, including uploading your resume. Then someone will contact you if they are interested.

Amazon is a global company that sells about everything that you could dream up. They have the same benefits as everyone else and if offer internships for college students. They have all kinds of jobs available, from warehouse packing orders, delivery drivers, and customer service representatives. For those that I more interested in tech support, there are many opens there as well. Including designing pages for new products and helping third-party sellers set up their pages.

My interest in this company after further research is that if I was ever released from my current job before I retire, I might be able to work as a customer service representative from home. I am now more interested in working from and staying healthy than expose myself to possible covid.

Questions:

• If I am offered a position to work remotely, will the equipment I need be provided?
  • Do I get to select my hours? Will I have to work weekends and holidays?
  • If I deliver packages, do I have to pay for my uniforms?
  • If I deliver packages, will my personal vehicle be in a secured parking lot?
  • Will overnight driving be required?
  • What kind of license is required to drive?

• I tried to stay away from mission statements. I think they are untrue anyway. I have been with Ford for over 25 years, and I know that they care more about the bottom line than their employees. The benefits that we get are standard across any business.

Published by

Tiffany Warren

I am an older student with two adult daughters that are 23 and 19 years old. I am living with cancer but try to keep my spirits up and continue with my long-term goals. In five years, I will have thirty years of service with the company I work for now and plan on retiring at that time. I am attending college to help battle chemo brain. At times it does seem to help.