Chapter 5 Activity 2

Image result for apps

When I run into a payway from an app I typically don’t get anything or even sign up for anything they offer. Part of the reason is because I think a lot of ads on these sites are not legit. In order for me to entertain the idea I would have to know its a trustworthy site and wont give me any types viruses. I go based on recommendations from friends and family when it comes to apps. As a consumer I have the apps that require a registration with payment are Apple Music and Netflix. I chose to pay for these subscriptions for many different reasons.

Apple Music was one of the first subscriptions I got due to the fact that in my eyes it’s better than Pandora and Spotify. In addition to that, they have a deal for students where it’s only 6$. So, to me it was a win- win situation and it’s also already programmed on the iPhone so it’s easily accessible. I always use this subscription everyday because I am listening to music from my favorite artists. I would say Apple Music is a need for me because music helps me focus and relieve stress.

Like Apple Music I also have a subscription with Netflix. I use Netflix every night because I do not have regular tv. I like Netflix because it was the first movie app I started using before Hulu. It doesn’t have any ads which is enjoyable because I hate when I am into something and it cuts to an ad. Last but not least, Netflix is something that has older shows and really good movies and more than one person can use the account.

Now, when it comes to media companies that you click on and you need to register for it to use the platform I never sign up. I have many reasons for this. One of the reasons why I just do not sign up for these platforms is because I typically do not read on an everyday basis. When I have a chance to relax I don’t just go and read things so I don’t want to sign up for something I know I am not going to use. So, because I do not sign up for these platforms I use Google.

Google is free and accessible. Typically, it has everything I am looking for when it comes to finding out new information or informing myself more on a topic. Last but not least, another reason why I do not use media company based platforms is because of the information. So, for example Wikipedia. I never use it because anyone from anywhere can write something and give you wrong information. I never want to be misinformed on a topic I am trying to learn about. I want to make sure the information is coming from a credible source. So, that is why I do not sign up for sites like that or donate to the site because I do not want to get constant emails from these sites.