Contact Tracer Certification — Chance to Earn Money While in Class!

Chance to earn a certification, earn money, and real healthcare related experience while in class. This is a message for my current students and former students. In FT4 (due in KT5), I assigned a FREE online course offered by Johns Hopkins University — COVID-19 Contact Tracer Certification. You can find the course at: https://www.coursera.org/learn/covid-19-contact-tracing

I am working with a colleague at FHSU, Jane Talkington (Interim Director of The FHSU Center for Entrepreneurship), Jason Kennedy (Ellis County Health Services Director), and Lynn Adams (FHSU Student Health Director). They said there is a need in the Hays area (as well as the world) for certified COVID-19 Contact Tracers. They need people with this certification to (potentially) work for them. There is also a need all over (and a highly paid need). For example, checkout some of the Contact Tracer salaries on SimplyHired. The pay ranges from $20-$45 per hour and $60k – $110k per year. https://www.simplyhired.com/search?q=contact+tracer&l=&job=MXQEocRgEsPhDe00TI8i346XdE0pfHnEpD4uuTBH3YPgIq3YQ5oJKA

I’m not saying you will make this or even get hired. But there is an URGENT Need + a Lack of Trained Contact Tracers. They also desire education or experience in the medical field. My students have either completed (or are completing) classes in health and human performance (Administration in Healthcare and Tests and Measurements). So you check nearly every box!

So, for those in my current class and for anyone else interested, please complete the certification (as fast as you can). Send me a copy of your certificate, then I will send your names to the three individuals I mentioned above. I also encourage you to look at some of the jobs outside of Hays as well. My goal is to help you attain an awesome job… and it appears as though there is a chance for you to attain it now!

Please message me or reply here if you are interested. Again, this is for anyone who is interested.

Respectfully,

Dr. Schwandt