Module 3: Mission Statement

Stormont-Vail Health Care System is an integrated system including multiple specially clinic as well as family practice clinics in Topeka and surrounding areas including rural communities.  According to Penner (2013) a mission statement is a strategically plan expected goal for the organization within a fiscal year.  The mission statement for Stormont-Vail Health Care Center is “Working together to improve the health of our community” (Stormont-Vail Staff, 2018).   This mission statement is simple and yet explains our goal completely.  Each employee is committed to their role within the organization and this shows in our patient outcomes.

It takes each and every employee working together as a team to provide care for our patients whether they are receiving inpatient or outpatient services.  As an employee of Stormont-Vail Hospital I am a part of their team.  I have an obligation to the organization to embrace this mission statement as my own.  As a team player, I know how important each role is to make this goal a reality.  From the housekeeper, to the CEO we each have our role and must stay committed to do our best every day.  I am proud to do my part in improving the health of our community at Stormont-Vail Health Care Center.

References

Penner, S. J. (2013). Economics and finacial mangament for nurses and nurse leaders. New York: Springer Publishing Company.

Stormont-Vail Staff. (2018). About us. Retrieved from Stormont-Vail health: https://www.stormontvail.org/about-us/