FT4-H.Mason

https://www.plectica.com/maps/SZGA2ZGYY

Class Structure Questions

1. What are your thoughts on how this class is structured?
  • The class structure seems relaxed. I seem to get overwhelmed when looking over the class assignments, yet I seem to be doing okay.
  1. What was the biggest challenge for you to get started in this class?
    • Over thinking and all the information of new system of learning.
  2. What would have helped as you started the course?
    • The first week just get your feet wet rather than plunging into the deep-end. Yes there was plenty of safety device to help it still was overwhelming all at once. Plus starting other classes and their ins and outs.
  3. What prevented you from dropping the course?
    • I try my best to not give up unless it is damaging to me. I like a challenge and to learn new things.
  4. Walk me through your thoughts as you started the course up to now.
    • This is not what I signed up for, are you kidding, why aren’t we using the schools easy access blackboard and app, there is so much to sign up for. This is really confusing. Give it time, this will be good, hear goes nothing.

KT1, KT2, and EM3 Questions

1. What were your thoughts on the first assignment (KT1)?
    • Is this necessary? There is easier ways to give this information.
  2. What were your thoughts on KT2?
    • I’m still not sure to the SL process and the plectica maps. I just want to answer the questions and be done.
  1. What were your thoughts on EM3? What did you think about deconstructing and reading blogs from former FHSU students?
  • Essays and blog and papers are not my cup of tea for showing how much I know about a topic. Even reading and deconstructing other people form is a good way to see what other think about topics.
  1. What are your thoughts on this assignment (FT4)?
    • I wish some of these questions were asked the week after doing the assignment while things are still fresh. It is good to review and think about what we have done.
  2. Do you plan on writing a blog instead of an essay? If so, why? If not, why not?
    • I do plan of doing a blog, not going to lie, the extra credit helps. Essay are not my forte but I don’t know if a blog is anything better.

Syllabus Questions

1. What were your thoughts on the syllabus?
    • I feel like I’m being so negative throughout this FT1. The syllabus was at first was a little overwhelming. I’m okay with it now.
  2. Are the how-to video’s helpful? If so, why? If not, why not?
    • Extremely helpful, now that I’m a couple of weeks into it they make more since the further along I get.
  3. What can I do different for the next class regarding the syllabus and video’s?
    • Polling the class to see if they are up for a challenging yet fun ways of learning?!

Textbook Questions

1. What are your thoughts on the required textbook?
    • I could honesty do away with the textbook, there is so much info on the video and suggested reading that I think the textbook it just added expense that is not needed.
  2. Does the free pdf material help? If so, why? If not, why not?
    • Yes it does help, it is helps me stay focused be on the computer.
  3. For HHP340 only. What are your thoughts on the Connect program and modules?
    • I need to look at the modules and connect programs.

SL Facebook Group Questions

1. Did you join the SL Facebook Group? If not, why not?
    • I did join, just to feel it out to see how beneficial it would be.
  2. What are your thoughts about the Facebook Group?
    • I like the SL FB group, not a fan of FB. The group is very helpful and there is plenty of feedback and support.
  3. What would you like to see in the Facebook Group?
    • Not sure what else I would like to see in the group.

NFCC Questions

1. What did you think of the NFCC survey? Did you have any idea what it was?
    • I didn’t think much of the survey, nor did I have any idea what it was.
  2. What are your thoughts regarding your score compared to the rest of the group?
    • I was surprised by my score, but helps me understand a little more about myself and those around me.
  3. Did the survey reveal anything to you about yourself? If so, what?
    • That order is kind of high for me, and people seem to think I don’t really do well with order in my life.
  4. Was this survey helpful to you?
    • Yes, I like seeing how survey show you things you didn’t really know about yourself.

Plectica Questions

1. What are your thoughts about Plectica?
    • Not sure about it still, still a little hesitant about it.
  2. Is Plectica getting easier to use? If not, why not?
    • Yes it is a little easier to use.
  3. Will you continue to use Plectica after you finish the course?
    • As of right now no I don’t think it will be something I will use.

SurveyMonkey Questions

1. What are your thoughts on the SurveyMonkey survey’s?
  • They are beneficial to the instructor to get a read on the class and the class can give their opinion.
  1. If you were an instructor, how would you benefit from these survey’s?
    • To see if what is being assigned is serving a purpose. To see if there is anything to change of take out.
  2. Have you ever been asked to provide feedback in a class like this? Do you see the benefit in continuous feedback in a class? If yes, why? If not, why not?
    • Yes I have been asked to give feedback in a class; I do see the benefits to continuous feedback in a class. It helps the students to give ideas on what seems to be working or not working or also to give ideas how to improve a class.