INTRODUCTION POST JOSHUA BRANDT

Hello! I am Joshua Brandt, long time student, first time blogger!!!! Just when I think I know what I am doing……BLOG! I have only tried this a few times prior to this attempt, I hope this works.  I have a very long and extensive career in nursing. It consists of passing the NCLEX in January of 2019, beginning work as a RN in the ER at SCKMC since August of 2019!!! So fresh and so green, soaking it up like a sponge though!!!  Honestly, I love caring for people.  I work full time as a Firefighter/Paramedic for the City of Winfield, Kansas for the past 5 and 1/2 years.  My goal as an RN is to enter into the field of flight medicine as a Paramedic/RN.  In the picture I am holding my beautiful 4 yr old daughter Ryan Elizabeth and I am graced by the presence of a wonderful, strong, and gorgeous woman named Katasha, who is holding her beautiful 4 yr old daughter named Avery, my family and world in the making.  I have learned one thing for sure in the BSN program and that is the importance of evidenced based research and how to accurately and effectively present a topic.  It also is allowing me to enhance my decision making skills and think with logic when presented with questions or doubt.  Confidence is building the more I learn and I am eager to venture through this 8 weeks after reading the goals for this course. I am intimidated by most of the introductions and all the experience that is present, but I am not afraid to make you laugh from what I don’t know. My long term career goals in nursing are to collaborate with social workers or mental health and work as a NP in addiction/recovery. I am a little all over the place and I am not sure how my paths will come together.  But for now lets get this 8 weeks out of the way with high marks!!!!!

One Response

1. clstein at |

Hey! Looks like you got your blog all figured out! I never knew you wanted to be an NP! And to go in the area of addiction is awesome!