SC 12 Katie Dailey

https://www.plectica.com/maps/D13RQKA70

Completed Survey. Posted Pros/Cons to Website and voted for other comments. Please let me know what you think about my con! I know, from my own experience, several people who have rejected the idea of ACA because it is “Obamacare” and “Obama did it.” These same people are happily enjoying staying on their parent’s health insurance until they are 26. It is funny that they do not realize the very thing they are bashing is allowing them to have access to the health insurance that so many others do not, thus causing need for the ACA. Education is so vital.

3 Replies to “SC 12 Katie Dailey”

1. Nice points raised Katie, although I agree ACA has a lot of advantages, it also unnecessarily causes a hike in your taxes and reveals the intrusiveness of the government in all aspects pertaining to its citizens.

2. Hi Katie,
    I can see how some people may have rejected the idea because of “Obama Care”, however, for me it was not about the name rather than how it negatively effected my family. It was cheaper for me and my family for me to go off of my parent’s insurance than it was to stay. It sky rocketed their premiums/deductible for me to stay rather than go onto the individual low income plan by myself. This didn’t benefit everyone.

3. In my previous employment, I had the responsibility of helping people navigate the marketplace and helping them enroll. One client’s premium would leave him only 50.00 a month. and that was just for the insurance. his premium was 700.00 a month and he only made 750 a month in social security benefits. He was not old enough for Medicare. I vowed this as a huge problem as the man had several costly medical conditions.