SC12 Donnie MacLeod: Debating the ACA

What: Began, voted, and commented on a debate pertaining to the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

So what: The ACA is a large multi-dimensional healthcare law in the US that has implications currently and in the future for us as healthcare administrators.

Now what: I’ll continue to participate in the debate over the next week and hopefully develop my understanding of the ACA and understand different perspectives better.

Survey completed!

3 Replies to “SC12 Donnie MacLeod: Debating the ACA”

1. Very interesting to see what US citizens think about the ACA, this debate platform really distills the points that are worth discussing about it.

2. Hi Donnie, I was glad to see your comments on the discussion page. I voted for them all! I especially loved your pro about kids being on their insurance until 26. I think this is one of the best things about ACA, especially for myself and my peers. If I was not on my parents’ insurance, I would be uninsured, because my job does not offer a group plan of insurance. We are able to search for benefits, but they are expensive. It is just a relief that I don’t have to search through the Marketplace and find my own right now.

3. Yes! It’s how I got through grad school with insurance. I don’t know what I would have done otherwise.