EM11 Donnie MacLeod: Final Blog Outline (Neural Plasticity)

What: In this assignment I completed a final outline for my blog. I’ll be writing on neural plasticity and the implications it has on healthcare administration. I will discuss what it is, what it isn’t, how to facilitate/hinder the process. I’ll also discuss how it can be bad. Then I’ll combine these thoughts into how it works for people now in terms of healing and this can be used for healthcare administrators to be better.

So what: To be a good healthcare administrator we have to be able to adapt in a positive way on a continuous cycle. Recent research has found that that human nervous system constantly adapts to environmental change. If we can further understand this process and how it works in humans I think we could take this information and make us better administrators in healthcare.

Now what: I’ll continue to brush up my outline and will begin to write the blog on medium.com

https://www.plectica.com/maps/6YOXPZEJV

3 Replies to “EM11 Donnie MacLeod: Final Blog Outline (Neural Plasticity)”

1. I think that your final outline is great and it seems like you have a great plan for your blog. I hope someone reaches back out to for your interview. I found it was such a great learning experience to be able to interview someone in a administration position.

2. Great post Donnie for sure, neural plasticity is an exciting field and undoubtedly there is constant change happening in the nervous media but this change is still random and haphazard. There needs to be a guided type of restructuring of the sprouting neural tissue in order to gain some clinical advantage for example for a spinal cord transection patient. can this be achieved by injecting pluripotent stem cells, or anti inflammatory factors that help reduce the initial insult or a combination of both… the jury is still out on this one and I think we might have to wait for a decade or so before we start seeing a measurable difference in this particular field.

3. Donnie,
    I think you always do a nice job on your posts. You have a great outline set for your blog and it will be interesting to see how neuroplasticity and my topic on neurogenesis can have some similarities. I like that you will be providing the anatomy. I’m a visual learner, so understanding where it is happening and how will be beneficial.