Effective Communication is Paramount in Healthcare Administration: FT4 Donnie MacLeod

https://www.plectica.com/maps/49QYW35NM

In this feedback trail I compared mine and my wife’s personality, read the required texts, started and completed contact tracing course for COVID-19, and learned about effective communication in healthcare administration. In healthcare, there are different personalities and to be an effective leader and communicator you have to understand how to reach people. Sometimes a town hall meeting is required to convey information while at other times an e-mail can be sent. As future leaders in healthcare we have to be careful though. We have to be flexible in how we communicate with others but we have to be authentic and stay ourselves.

2 Replies to “Effective Communication is Paramount in Healthcare Administration: FT4 Donnie MacLeod”

1. HI Donnie,
    I enjoyed reading about yours and your wife’s personality tests. I giggled when you stated that she gives you a hard time for having to read a manual. My husband’s personality is also a “Logistician” and he and I are the same way. I will glance at a manual and then go figure it out. He will read the dang thing front to back while I sit there bored out of my mind waiting for him. It is so funny how our personalities can be so different in relationships, but it can also be a wonderful thing. I agree with your above statement that knowing each other’s personalities allow us to understand how to reach people. Your plectica map was very organized and easy to read.

2. Hi Donnie! I thought that your map was great! My husband and I are equal opposites in a way! We complement each other in the best ways possible. I thought that this aspect of the assignment was quite interesting and I enjoyed reading about your personalties. I finally realized that my husband is just not the romantic type and his personality does not allow for the cues. Luckily it all came full circle to make sense!