10 Replies to “KT 1”

1. Fantastic job! I have an e-mail into the Plectica team to ensure you receive the paid version (you are not the only student having this issue). I am also active duty military (Army Major). What does your husband do? Again, great job!

1. Thank you! He is a Captain and is the Brigade Medical Operations Officers for 41st FA here in Grafenwhor. When we leave in April he will then go to career course at Fort Lee for Medical Logistics.

2. Oh and you get the 10 extra credit points for KT1 and 10 more for posting to Facebook!

3. Great to see the military service. Thank you all for your service! Military service has deep roots in my family but it never worked out for me. It sounds like you are halfway through Germany, hang in there (and your last semester in school, Good work!)! I have learned working in healthcare requires you to be flexible and nursing homes recently changed their payment structure and it has changed a lot of their daily processes. It will be interesting to see how it evolves in the future.

1. Thank you! If you are ever interested in DOD Civilian there are a lot of healthcare positions. If you get into the GS system you’re pretty set. The USAJobs website can be picky on resumes, so if you ever decided to pursue that route, you can always reach out for guidance and I would be willing to help you out! I am interested to see how the healthcare system evolves throughout the next 25 years while I am working as well.

4. Hello! How interesting that you are pursuing a degree with a focus in Gerontology. I currently work in senior care and am happy to see you want to serve this vulnerable population! It sounds like you are on a successful path already and I can’t wait to see where it goes. Nursing home administration is something I have looked into as well.

1. Before I followed my husband to Fort Stewart, which was our first duty station, I was a CNA in Hays and absolutely loved my job. I explored multiple degree options in health care and I just fell in love with Gerontology. I miss my job every day, however my position currently at the health clinic here I work with patients weekly and I do enjoy that as well. I prefer being able to talk with my patients and getting to know them versus just checking them in for their appointment and sending them on their way.

5. How exciting to be in Germany! That must give you a lot of experiences you would not have had otherwise. Your doggies are so cute too! I too got the defender on my personality test! I am a data analyst for a local hospital in Oklahoma where I live. It has by far been one of the best jobs I have had, I truly enjoy it.

6. Hi Mikaela,

I know you have been told this many times, but thank you for your service and also for wanting to work with such a wonderful population. Our seniors need caring individuals to help care for them, especially during these trying times. I work in a nursing home and it has been nothing short of stressful. To continue to want to be a Nursing Home Administrator during all of this is a huge testament to your devotion to the field. I am also a defender in the personality test, thank goodness for where we are :).

1. My Husband and I greatly appreciate your thankfulness. I honestly never thought I would become a DOD civilian and I am so thankful I ended up down that path. We are projected to leave Germany in April and for our next duty station I was browsing jobs that are currently open. I found my dream job and I cannot wait to finish this degree to work again with older adults. The dream job I found was Activities Director of a nursing home. I absolutely just want to jump on a plane and apply, unfortunately we still have 7 more months here.