Hello world!

Welcome to the DNP Class of 2023 blog at Fort Hays State University Blogs Sites. 

Be sure to subscribe to get notification of all posts. Don’t forget to keep in touch with your advisor and always ask questions if you are not sure of something.

Post an introduction – tell us a little bit about you. What would you like everyone to know?  You can post photos also.  

My husband and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our son is an RN in the CRNA Program at West Virginia University. We have 2 cats that keep us entertained. You will probably see them at one time or another while we are on Zoom. I practice as a neonatal nurse practitioner in Lincoln, Nebraska. I love going there and seeing the babies and their families. I am certified in primary care pediatrics, family, and neonatology. I have practiced in pediatric and family practice clinics over the years. I received my DNP from the University of Iowa in 2013. It was quite an experience! I have always enjoyed being an NP. It is a great career, and the future holds more exciting things for NPs.

Valerie's photo
Derrick & Valerie Yu

Valerie

2 thoughts on “Hello world!

1. My husband and I have been married for 22 years and we have two boys age 21 and . I live in Topeka and work for Stormont Vail as a Labor and Delivery nurse. I am excited to further my career.