10 Comments

1. Super engaging video, great job! You really brought forward the importance of your research and how it can be beneficial to various communities. In one of your images it appears that you are individually dosing your honeybees. As you move forward and potentially scale-up this process, is there another way to administer your CBD doses?

2. Yes there is! We can directly dose the bees by inserting a frame of sugar water supplemented with CBD. No need for any bee wrangling. Part of the reason why we fed them individually was because we were running a simultaneous trial on bee memory.

3. Nicely done Tania. I have no idea how you can remember, let alone properly pronounce all of those scientific names! Hopefully you’re onto something, we all know how important honeybees are to our ecosystem.

4. My husband has been a bee keeper as a hobbyist in the past. Sadly, keeping the honeybees alive has been a struggle. Your research really intrigued me! Great presentation.

5. Great presentation Tania! I was able to stayed engaged during the presentation and you gave a clear goal of the research. Thank you for letting us know that bee keepers need help!

6. Well done, Tania! I was very intrigued by your findings and saddened to hear how high the hive losses have been in Kansas. I am glad you all plan to continue this work going forward!

7. thanks for inviting me to view your presentation… and thank your for your research – it could help honeybees! I forwarded your email to me to another legislator who is working with CDB legislation…