18 Comments

1. Hi Kolton – I think this is a very unique presentation that involved lots of critical thinking, which you showed very well! I think this would be an amazing idea to pursue for the future and take to a higher level.

1. Brooke,
      I appreciate you taking the time to view my presentation and provide a worthwhile comment. I am glad that you enjoyed the presentation. As far as advancing this research, it’s something that I am most definitely considering.

2. Kolton,
    This is a great research project and you presented the information very effectively. Since my husband works for FedEx, I think I can provide some interesting perspectives if you want to continue this research and take it to another level.

1. Dr. Lucy,
      I appreciate you viewing the presentation, I am glad that you enjoyed it. I find it very interesting that your husband works for FedEx, definitely a different perspective from mine and one that is advantageous to take into consideration. Advancing this research is most definitely a consideration for me at this point, I will keep you up to date on that decision.

3. Very good information Kolton! I think that using AI for UPS and FedEx would definitely help with the speed of shipping, however, would it possibly take away jobs from the workers already working there?

1. Courtney,
      I appreciate the comments and question. I would like to address your question now and answer it in a way that I believe will clear up any confusion. This in practice would not necessarily take away jobs, though job titles may change. For example, a FedEx driver in a large city may not have the particular task of driving the vehicle, but will have different task such as managing the software included in the vehicle and ensuring everything runs smoothly as well as acting as essential protection for the goods being shipped. A FedEx driver for residencies in a rural area where addresses do not always line up will odds are not be directly challenged by AI as a human touch is still needed to ensure deliveries end up in the proper locations. I truly hope that this explanation clears things up, please do not hesitate to ask additional questions. I appreciate your input, take care!

4. Kolton, this was a very organized presentation that had a lot of great information. I think AI is a great way for companies to deliver faster, smarter and safer! I also think it will save the company a lot of money and is the beginning of new services for different industries.

1. Tyler,
      I appreciate you taking the time to view the video presentation and provide feedback, I am glad that you see the benefits of successful AI implementation.

5. Great job of presenting your material, smooth, steady, and focused on the heart of your research. Very interesting topic as well. I am curious of your thoughts on “AI error” playing any kind of factor, similar to human error?

1. Bryan,
      I appreciate you viewing the presentation and leaving a meaningful comment. I am glad that you enjoyed the presentation as well as posed a very interesting question. I would say that AI Error is for sure an inherent risk that needs to be taken into account. Essentially, the idea with AI is to minimize that risk by more than what could be made possible when compared to that of human error. The general idea that I attempted to convey is that when compared to that of direct human actions, AI is more efficient in terms of such variables as awareness and overall safety.

1. Greetings,

I appreciate you reaching out, this is an excellent question. I would say the starting point is to have you an influential and knowledgeable faculty mentor. With proper guidance, especially when first beginning to conduct research, it is important to have someone who you can confidently bounce ideas off of and utilize their advanced and unique perspective to your benefit. When conducting research, my only other suggestion for you at this time is to take on research that you have a genuine interest in. I truly hope this helps you out, thank you again for viewing.