12 Comments

1. Maggie,
    Fantastic job! I enjoyed listening to your research project and viewing your poster. Your research was very interesting and impactful.

-Shelby Hutchison, College of Education GTA

2. These cameras were deployed in 2019, so was this data collected over two years? Were these trends normalized to their individual region’s “typical” climate patterns? Or is this study designed to determine a baseline as of 2019 what the species richness of an area was and how that changed based off of precipitation and temperature, so we can compare it in the future using this same technology? Very cool work!

1. This is just over the 2019 data, the 2020 data is still being finalized and processed.
      In a way, yes this data can serve as a baseline to assess how things change in the future. I would certainly like to look at this data a bit more closely in the future with some more elaborate models. Thank you!

3. Good job on this project! I really like the simplicity of your poster. It was easy to follow and everything was explained well. I was just curious how you delt with the seasons especially with average temperature.

1. The camera traps were deployed from the late summer/early fall, so there was not too much seasonal fluctuation. But there is definitely some variation nationwide and I would like to do this study again at a smaller scale.

4. Congratulations, Maggie, on your successful research project. Thank you for taking advantage of this presentation opportunity. Dean Pomatto

5. Great presentation! I really liked the flow of your poster, it made it easy to follow along, you also have a very interesting topic.