Harrell KT1

https://www.plectica.com/maps/PPWB0F2JH/edit/DZEZSV55Q

Are you a graduate student? No. I am a senior.  I am also retired, age 70, and probably the oldest student in the class

Why did you enroll in this class? It is required for a gerontology focus. Before retiring, I was director for a nonprofit that assisted disabled adults. I still volunteer with that organization and I like to keep up on the latest trends in healthcare.

Have you heard of my class and/or teaching methodology? No. I am clueless about both.

What are your initial thoughts?  Totally confused. The how-to video could use some improvements. Perhaps someone could make a video called Swarm Learning for Dummies. Just a thought.

What are your expectations of this course?  To deal with new challenges and learn along the way.

Did you signup for the FHSU Promo free Plectica account?  Yes.

Did you join the SL Facebook Group?  No. I do not do social media.  I am often called on to be an expert witness for trials and it is not in my interest to be posting online.

5 thoughts on “Harrell KT1

1. OMG I already like you on 100 levels! First off, your dedication to education is AWESOME and super motivating!
    Second, thank you for being involved with adults that are disabled. My grandfather was very active in my uncle’s ‘home’ when they were both alive. We live two doors down from a family that still has there 40 year old wheelchair bound son at home. Our kiddos love running out every morning to say ‘hi’ as he loads the bus. The ‘kids’ inside get the biggest kick out of those two and it warms my heart to see them (it also reminds me of going to see my uncle and all the friends I made while visiting!).
    Third, totally love the FOR DUMMIES!! That made me laugh when I needed it the most!!
    Four, you totally have me intrigued on your social media post explanation…I’m a cop’s daughter and niece, married to a firemen and am a paramedic….totally get it!
    Good luck, classmate! I look forward to seeing more from you!

• Thank you for your kind words. I am also disable but not in a wheelchair. I do try to approach challenges and life with a sense of humor to help get me through. It sounds like you have a wonderful family and years of service to your community. I look forward to seeing your posts.

2. I have so much respect for your dedication to life-long learning. The videos actually helped me. I would offer the feedback that it would be helpful to have them broken into smaller bits labeled such that when I need to review one aspect I could find that part faster. I’m pretty sure I’m missing some steps. I don’t think I’ve completed all I am supposed to…

Thanks for bringing up the videos which reminded me that I had intended to speak up with that suggestion. And thank you for your service to the elderly!