For the most part, my project seems to be going well. I really do not want to say that because I do not want to jinx myself. The biggest challenge I have had is lack of time and availability in case the clinic would need something. I have been trying to finish my clinical rotation as soon as I can because my preceptor in quitting the clinic and going to work at another FQHC in Wichita. Her last day is November 15th and she worked only one day this week. I should be finished by next week and can devote more time to my project.
I did visit with the statistician on Monday and we worked out a game plan. The statistical test I had planned on using was not the right one. Thank goodness I was able to get in touch with him.
The only hiccup right now, other than lack of time, is needing the clinic manager to pull more data for me. The statistician explained what data I need from last year and for this year. I thought having her pull my data would be easier because the issue of HIPAA. We figured this way would be easier, but I am beginning to think that maybe I should be pulling the data. I feel like I am bothering her all the time. I have completed their HIPAA training so maybe I can visit with her and see what we can figure out. Otherwise, the project is going well. I am keeping my fingers crossed.