KT6 MIKAELA SMITH

• WHAT?
    • Identify two problems within the Lakeview Health Centers and dive deep into how to implement ways to solve the problems.
  • SO WHAT?
    • Using the 8 step strategies within Health Care Management to create a plan to involve a solution to these problems.
  • NOW WHAT?
    • Now it’s not exactly what was told in the assignment, however, comparing what was discussed to outside issues was something thought about throughout completion. While working in a health clinic, this is something that occurs and I took experiences from what I am use to and combined them with the reading.

https://www.plectica.com/maps/NW887YQYP/edit/VQRN37K8R

6 Replies to “KT6 MIKAELA SMITH”

1. A problem that necessitates zero tolerance. I would say to some degree your step 7 would need to be continual for everyone. To address the problem acutely more attention needs to take place now, but then maybe yearly one refresher program and employee survey so Lakeview can constantly adapt and evolve. I think it all starts at the top with leadership being good examples.

2. I liked your implementation step idea. I think creating healthy relationships between peers is very important. I would have to agree with Donnie, In order for staff to take sexual harassments seriously, enforcing this training at least yearly as a refresher would be ideal.

3. Hi, Mikaela! Very interesting read here. I am sorry to hear that you have had to deal with this in your job at the clinic, but it has obviously given you serious expertise. You can tell by reading your steps that you are knowledgeable on the topic.

4. Nice way of structuring you 8 step plan, Sexual harassment is a huge problem and should have zero tolerance in any workplace but it is the result of mismanagement and not the cause of it. The problem that links all those issues resides in how the hospital is run. The lack of accountability that is present and the clearly absent leadership has led some people to believe that they can get away with anything.

5. MIKAELA,
    Very powerful post. I have been in healthcare for 15 years and in the last 3 years in management. I had to directly deal with this situation as one of my providers was having an inappropriate relationship with his medical assistant. I had to have a lengthy discussion with HR about the discussion that detailed many comments and gifts. Eventually, the provider was let go.

6. Hello Mikaela,
    I really like the layout you used for the 8 step method. The different colored boxes and arrows that really shows the flow of the 8 step method allow for a clean read as you go through the process. As you walk through the process it also appears that you used some good analytical thinking skills to keep driving to a great correction for the main issue.