CM3 Sam Ottley

I have two Maps for this one. The first is a link to my answered questions and the second link is my outline for the blog that I will create.

https://www.plectica.com/maps/E9WRZT1U3 (Questions and answers)

https://www.plectica.com/maps/BUBLJSYNI (Outline)

What Option Did you Choose?

I chose Option 3, Systems Thinking

Why Did you Choose it? What interests you?

I chose systems thinking because I think that the healthcare industry is a great field to use systems thinking. Healthcare is incredibly complex given patient safety and government regulation. With that complexity, decisions that are made can contribute to all sorts of ways to different parts of health care. “The Big Picture” or how we understand how things can unfold over time is also something that is interests me about healthcare. Healthcare is very important to everyone across the world, we need to have a real understanding of the big picture and what decisions we make and how they will impact healthcare across the board and how it will impact healthcare in the future. Healthcare as a whole is very different, but there is alot of interconnections that affect all healthcare practices. Systems thinking can help healthcare across the board.

Do you plan on writing a blog or an essay?

I would like to do a blog.

What did you think of Rationaleonline.com?

I likes rationaleonline.com, I think that it was a very simple way to create an outline that is easy to follow. It only gave me a “read only” option so I created the outline using Plectica.

3 thoughts on “CM3 Sam Ottley

1. I have the links set as the “View Only” shareable link and it also says “Anyone with this link can view this map.” I did change one setting could you see if you have access now?

Is anyone else having issues getting access to see my maps?

1. Hi Sam,

I had the same problem with Rationale.com that you did. Your Pletica map you did instead looks great. It is very organized. I took the same approach with building out my rationale map within Pletica. Your blog is going to be great. I agree that health care is extremely complex in the sense that there are so many different players and moving pieces. Health care organizations also have to worry about keeping up with regulations that are constantly changing throughout the years.

Great job on both of your maps!

-Lara