Lara Newman CM1

What is your name:  Lara Newman

Are you a Graduate Student?: Yes, I just started my second year. I received my undergrad in business at Oklahoma State University. Working within healthcare IT has sparked my interest in the healthcare industry.

Why did you enroll in this class?: I am working on an MBA in Healthcare Management. My ultimate goal is to have an upper management position within a hospital. I believe the information from this class will be valuable to my future career path.

Where are you from?: I am from Tulsa, OK but currently live in Overland Park, KS. I spent most of my life in Oklahoma until I moved to Kansas City seven years ago

Have you heard of my class or teaching methodology?: I have no heard of your class or this teaching methodology. I am excited to have a class that does not focus on weekly papers and exams. Your class is going to allow all of us to come together as a group and learn/collaborate in a fun environment. There are not a lot of opportunities to learn through a methodology similar to this one within the MBA program.

What are your initial thoughts?: I originally felt a little overwhelmed when I found out we were going to be using different applications outside of Blackboard to communicate and complete assignments. After watching the video, I became excited to know we were all provided with the opportunity to take a class that fosters a creative and fun learning environment.

What are your expectations of this course? I expect to have a better understanding of management within the healthcare industry, as well as learn more about the organizational structures within a healthcare setting.

Did you sign up for the FHSU Promo free Plectica account?: I did signup for the FHSU Plectica account. I am excited about using Plectica throughout this course.

Did you sign up for 1-year Tableau Student License?: I have been experiencing some difficulties while setting up my account. I get a message stating that I have previously registered within the last year. I use Tableau for work, but I have not used it as a student. I am working with their help desk to get this fixed.

Lara Newman CM1

5 thoughts on “Lara Newman CM1

1. Overland Park is a super nice area with plenty of things to do. Your major should do you well in hospitals. My dad is a CNO at a hospital in San Jose, CA, so if you need contacts, I can get you connected out there. Good luck with the class and with your degree!

2. Great work Lara, I am finishing up my BS this semester and look forward to seeing your perspectives on topics throught this course. Though this might be a bit different in regards to teaching style, but trust me you will not be disappointed. Along with the interactions on facebook this online class does not feel so much like a “online class”. I am excited to see more from you throughout the course.

3. Hi Lara,

You and Sam Ottley are both pursuing an MBA in Healthcare Management! I am now very curious about FHSU’s program and if it would be worth pursuing! I have been exploring the possibility of working in a healthcare setting. I am almost finished with my BGS in Human Services, Psychology, and Gerontology. Any insight would be appreciated if you have time.

I look forward to interacting with you more throughout this class!

Best Regards,
    Josefina Howard

1. He Laura,

I am doing the Healthcare Management concentration too. I am almost finished. I have these last 2 classes and i should graduate in Dec 2019. Good Luck and I think we did the best concentration. Its been awesome!