Christopher Payne CM1

What is your name:  Christopher Payne

Are you a Graduate Student?: Yes, in my final semester

Why did you enroll in this class?:  All of my family is in healthcare and as I look to move careers, I’d like to get into this field

Where are you from?:  Garden City, KS

Have you heard of my class or teaching methodology?:   I have not heard of this style.  I am intrigued by what I’ve read so far and hope to grow in understanding.

What are your initial thoughts?:  There is definitely some trepidation coming into this class, especially after reading the syllabus.  I never look forward to changing the way I think and process, but I always appreciate going through it after the fact.  Because if I’m being honest, I think the way that think because it works for me, and changing those paradigms is always painful, but always rewarding.

What are your expectations of this course?  I’m looking forward to learning how to manage people and teams within the healthcare arena as well as putting some more tools in my pocket in how I think and create environments for leaders to process and contribute to the organization.

Did you sign up for the FHSU Promo free Plectica account?:  Yes.  See below.

Did you sign up for 1-year Tableau Student License?  It took a minute and they had to resend the registration code, but I got it up and running.

https://www.plectica.com/maps/7OLAPZG6Y

4 thoughts on “Christopher Payne CM1

1. Christopher,
    I admire your honesty! It is encouraging to read that someone else is a little bit fearful and excited at the same time about this class. I find that working in healthcare is so rewarding, and I am sure that’s why so many members of your family have found careers in healthcare. Congratulations on being so close to finishing grad school, that is a huge accomplishment! I wish you luck in your future career and a great end to your academic career (unless, of course, you plan to get a doctorate.. in which case, congratulations on finishing this portion of your academics! 🙂 )

2. Great job! Most are fearful and nervous when taking my class, but don’t worry. By the end of the class, you will look back and realize there was nothing to worry about.

By the way, love the memes!

3. Hi Christopher,

I am also in my last semester of the MBA program. Congrats on almost completing it. I agreed with you that change is difficult, but it does feel good sometimes to switch things up, especially with the way that we learn!

4. Hi Christopher,

I love your map and how you incorporated memes. I thought it was very creative and entertaining! That is neat that your family is all involved in healthcare. Congrats on making it to your last semester. Good luck on the final exam. I look forward to working with you this semester!

-Lara