Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Jessica, preferably Jess or Jessie, and I live just outside of Wichita. I currently work as an RN Case Manager at the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital here in town. Before last May when I started this position, I spent 10 years as an ICU RN. Critical care is really my jam, but I felt like I needed a change and to branch out and learn another side of nursing and healthcare. Wow, it is very different and I am learning so much. For fun I love to travel, ski, kayak, hike, camp… pretty much anything outdoors. My husband and I have been married 10 years this July and we have 3 fur babies. I love animals! This class is my 3rd to last class and I will be done with bachelors, I am unbelievably excited about that. I look forward to learning something new in this class and just getting it done and plugging towards December. Also, I selfishly want this God awful year over… it has been insane. Let’s get this next 8 weeks!!

Addendum:

I believe the use of evidence based practice is so important in what we do. Science and technology are rapidly evolving and best practices can and do change. In the ICU, EBP is important as there are so many ways to accomplish your outcome, with some that are much better than others. The best way to know which ways are best are to keep informed. I am looking forward to this class helping me hone my skills in determining quality research.

5 Responses

1. Katie Gabel (Instructor) at |

Welcome to the course, Jess!

*Don’t forget to include how you use the evidence to support your practice.

2. afheimann at |

Hi Jess,

I am right there with you. This and 2 more classes and then graduate in the fall. Excited to learn more this summer but very ready to start the next chapter in my career as well. Wish you luck this summer.

3. Karen at |

Jess, Oh my I am so close to being done with this RN-BSN program too! I also hope for a bit more joy to come this year. Good luck in achieving your goal of a BSN. I would think case management to be a fun area to work. Karen

4. ajrountree at |

Jess,
    So jealous you are almost done, congrats!! I only have 4 classes left but I won’t be done till May 2021 so it seems like forever. Sounds like you are very adventurous, where all have you traveled? Good luck this semester!!