Intro Kristen Tarman

Hello all my name is Kristen Tarman.  I have been a RN for almost 4 years now.  I started out in a small critical access hospital being a floor nurse, ER, and seeing outpatients.  I have now worked about 2.5 years in labor and delivery doing labor, delivery, recovery, c-sections, and postpartum.  I still work PRN at the small hospital also.  I am married to a farmer/ rancher in Kansas and we have 2 girls ages 7 & 5, and we also have a 11 month old boy who we are fostering and trying to adopt.  My dad to day life is very busy to say the least!

Research plays a crucial role in all nursing professions.  In labor and delivery, I see how evidence based research and practice plays a vital role in caring for patients and recommending what is best for them and their child.  It is important for not only doctors to know current evidence based research, but for nurses to know the recommendations as well!  In my department, we are always sharing what we learn or research and we are all open to what is best for our patients.

One Response

1. Katie Gabel (Instructor) at |

Welcome to the course, Kristen!