Introduction Annlice Kaaya

My name is Annlice Kaaya. I have been an RN for almost three years. I am working at a rehabilitation center in Wichita Kansas.

Research plays an important role in nursing practice by improving patient care outcomes by introducing better and safer ways of nursing care. Through research, vast advancements in medical technology has improved to benefit patient care. Furthering nursing takes diverse research to understanding the many settings and the different aspects of the growing discoveries we learn each day. With research, nursing has broaden to ensure better health outcomes for patients with variety of health concerns. In doing so, health phenomenons of the past such as dysentery can now be cured with the proper medications which were made possible with research.

3 Responses

1. allindsay at |

I agree that vast improvements are made in the world of nursing due to research. Look at the difference in life expediencies from 50-100 years ago, we have made great strides in finding cures for common disease and illnesses. I look forward to hearing more from you over the course of the next 8 weeks, best of luck to you!

2. Katie Gabel (Instructor) at |

Welcome to the course, Annlice! This is a great perspective on how research supports improved outcomes, but how do you see nursing research used in your practice? What changes have you made in your work environment to promote patient outcomes. Think about fall prevention, patient mobility, skin care, etc.