Chapter 3 Activity 3

I think when it comes to news values all media outlets have a place and usefulness in todays fast paced connected world. Twitter for example is a good media outlet to use if you are trying to get a news story out to the world quickly. Twitter works best when a catchy headline is sent out attached to a link to a website for more information to educate the reader. When it comes to stirring up emotions written words are good but not consistently successful at achieving the desired emotion. Media outlets such as computers, apps and television showing dramatic footage along with narration from a journalist or news caster seem to be more powerful in pulling out human emotions. The combination of voice an image seems to be the key to getting the viewer to feel the way you want or think they should feel.

Timeless has a place for all media outlets but I think being presented online is usually the best media for these types of articles. Blogs, websites, and even social media seem to serve timeless articles best as the reader can view it at their convenience and as often as they want to.

As viewers use in new forms of media grow with each passing year media organizations have no choice but to use all major forms of media to reach its audience. I fully expect media organizations to learn more efficient methods of using media to deliver the news. Some of these methods I see happening already. Where I live for example you can get an alert on your phone about local breaking news or weather alerts. You then can go to a website for more detailed information which will most likely be preferred as the broadcasters can get a more emotional response from website video as opposed to a text message. Currently text messages, twitter and social media seem to be used as click bait to drive more traffic to a media organizations website.